The following is based on the Book All Of Us Should Hear Prabhupada (1994) from the section called Srila Prabhupada Is The Initiator.
Srila Prabhupada’s transcendental books are his loud chanting of the holy name. Such loud chanting is giving the people of the world Harinama diksa. The ritvik system should continue for the rest of the golden age to formalise such mass initiation. This is the verdict of Sadhu, Sastra and Guru.
Download Video (Right Click And Save Link As)
Regarding Sankirtana and book distribution, book distribution is also chanting. Anyone who reads the books that is also chanting and hearing. Why distinguish between chanting and book distribution? These books I have recorded and chanted, and they are transcribed. It is spoken kirtanas. So book distribution is also chanting. These are not ordinary books. It is recorded chanting. Anyone who reads, he is hearing. Book distribution must not be neglected. (S.P.L. to Rupanuga dasa, 19th October, 1974)
When a devotee is perfectly qualified in chanting the transcendental vibration of the holy name, he is quite fit to become a spiritual master and to deliver all the people of the world. The chanting of the holy name is so powerful that it gradually establishes its supremacy above everything in the world. The devotee who chants it becomes transcendentally situated in ecstasy and sometimes laughs, cries and dances in his ecstasy. Sometimes the unintelligent put hindrances in the path of chanting this maha-mantra, but one who is situated on the platform of love of Godhead chants the holy name loudly for all concerned. As a result everyone becomes initiated in the chanting of the holy names–Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare/ Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare.
(T.L.C. Chapter 18)
ALL OF US SHOULD HEAR PRABHUPADA:
1.Srila Prabhupadas transcendental books are non-different than himself. They appear before the external senses of a fortunate conditioned soul, who was wandering aimlessly throughout the universe and plant the seed of devotional service in his heart (Bhakti lata bija) THUS HE IS THE INITIATOR.
2. Srila Prabhupadas transcendental books are his loud chanting of the holy name. Such loud chanting is giving the people of the world Harinama diksa (T.L.C. Chapter 18). THUS HE IS THE INITIATOR
3. Srila Prabhupadas transcendental books contain the nectarine words from his lotus mouth. Such words penetrate the hearts of the fallen souls, injecting transcendental knowledge, which alone can deliver them from material existence. This is the purpose of initiation. “The spiritual master initiates the disciple to deliver him.” (C.C. Mad., 1.218) THUS HE IS THE INITIATOR.
4. Srila Prabhupadas transcendental books are non-different than himself, thus they give the conditioned souls his direct association (sadhu sanga). By such association they receive a process of spiritual activities (Bhajana kriya) (B.G. lec., 2-58-59, N.Y. 27th April, 1966). THUS HE IS THE INITIATOR.
5. Srila Prabhupadas transcendental books transmit transcendental knowledge which vanquish all material contamination caused by our previous sinful activities and thus bring us to pure love of God, where we can directly worship Krsna. This perfectly corresponds with sastric definitions of diksa. (C.C. Mad. lila, 15-108, 9-61, 4-111). THUS HE IS THE INITIATOR
6. Srila Prabhupadas transcendental books contain his instructions about chanting the holy name. If we accept such instruction and follow them, he is with us as the initiator. (S.P.L. Letter to Tamal Krsna, 19th September 1968) THUS HE IS THE INITIATOR
7.Srila Prabhupada in the form of his books (instructions) is taking everyone back to home, back to Godhead. This is the purpose of initiating a disciple, to deliver him.”The spiritual master initiates the disciple to deliver him” (C.C. Mad, 1.218) THUS HE IS THE INITIATOR